Thursday 13 March 2014

Sweden



 20/9/14
My friend Dafne sent me this map card of Öland, where we met and worked over the summer. It shows the many species of birds that can be found on the island, including a Collared Flycatcher, the species we were studying! The only species shown on here that I didn't see was the Golden Oriole. 
I miss Öland so much, and definitely want to go back again!

Thanks so much for the postcard!












*****

19/9/14
I stayed with Amir in Uppsala and he was interested in my postcard collection. So when I got home, I sent him one from Wales and he sent me this one in return. This reminds me of celebrating Midsummer on Öland doing lots of traditional (and slightly crazy) dancing!

Many thanks for the postcard, and I'm sure we'll meet again!





*****

12/3/14
William responded to my request on a facebook group asking for bird postcards. We will be working together (on birds) in Sweden this summer, so I was looking forward to what he might send me. Certainly wasn't expecting Gulls! The names are given in Swedish, but I think we have a Common Gull, Arctic Tern, Black Headed Gull and Herring Gull.

Thanks for the postcard, and looking forward to birding Sweden with you this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment