Thursday 3 April 2014

Estonia











 18/9/14
Natalja sent me these two postcards showing Estonian birds. In Tallinn there is a district where the streets are named after birds, and she once lived on the street called Tedre, which means Black Grouse!
Storks are very common in Estonia and make nests on peoples houses and electrical poles. Apparently many people have statues of storks in their gardens, so sometimes you think there are storks in the gardens when it's just statues!

Many thanks for the postcards and the information!











*****

2/4/14
Devy sent me this beautiful postcard from Estonia, showing one of my favourite birds, the Kingfisher, and also one of my favourite flowers, the Cornflower, which is the National Flower of Estonia! Devy lives in Valga, which is a border city, half in Estonia and half in Latvia. From what I've seen of these tow countries, I don't think it will be long before I visit!

Thanks so much for the postcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment